Ward Clerk I – Inpatient Surgical Unit Job in Truro, NS at Nova Scotia Health Authority
Location: Northern Zone, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
Department: PERI Surgical Unit CEH
Type of Employment: Casual Relief (3% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Union Status: CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 29-Dec-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Ward Clerk is responsible for ensuring smooth information processing, flow and support for patients, their families, physicians and the health care team while contributing to the efficient daily operation on the unit. Daily functions are reflective of the service provided by the unit/program.
- Successful completion of Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a post-secondary secretarial or office administration program or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Medical Terminology course is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a health care setting required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications for Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current Meditech applications preferred (Admissions/OE/EMR).
- Experience with EFR, Megamation, Meeting Planner, SHARE, Medworxx Bed Board, SAP and MFUs preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks required.
- Demonstrated ability to function well as a team member required.
- Current WHMIS certification required.
- Recent NVCI training / certification considered an asset.
- Previous work attendance may be considered.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this position.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Hours of Work
Casual Relief Positions
$20.0857 – $21.9045 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit – CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
About the Company
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Company Location: Truro, NS