Sr. Software Development Engineer – Mobile (iOS) Job in Toronto, ON at Amazon Dev Centre Canada ULC –
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with Swift or Objective-C
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Are you passionate about open source? Do you want to make app development better for millions of native mobile developers? This is a unique opportunity to join us and lead an Amplify Framework engineering team. The Amplify Framework (https://aws-amplify.github.io/) was launched in November 2017 and has quickly gained popularity within the industry. Adoption and usage of the framework has also grown rapidly but it is still Day 1 for the team and for our product with an extensive set of new capabilities scheduled for delivery in 2021.
The Amplify Framework is a collection of open source libraries and tools that enable developers to create mobile and web apps on AWS. Amplify codifies best practices through programmatic interfaces to help developers effortlessly interact with AWS services. More info about our mobile projects are at : https://github.com/aws-amplify/amplify-android and https://github.com/aws-amplify/amplify-ios
You will be responsible for developing the SDKs (iOS, Android, React Native, Unity, and Xamarin) that help eliminate the friction and complexity of wiring up mobile app projects to AWS services. Our mission is to make it easy for Mobile App Developers to get up and running quickly using AWS services even if they are unfamiliar with them, so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers.
We are looking for a senior developer who is passionate about creating software for other developers and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team’s technical vision
- Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
- Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
- Lead development and launch of core features and products
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
- Participate in estimation and sprint planning
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern mobile native programming language such as Swift or Kotlin
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, React Native, Unity, or Xamarin
About the Company
Company: Amazon Dev Centre Canada ULC –
Company Location: Toronto, ON