Softgoods Supervisor Jobs in Gatineau – Quebec at Giant Tiger
Title: Softgoods Supervisor
Company: Giant Tiger
Location: Gatineau – Quebec
Type: Full Time
Category: Retail, Sales
We are looking for an individual with a passion for retail who wishes to build their management skills.Reporting to the Store Owner, you will be involved in the day to day store operations. Your strong people skills in motivating, leading, engaging associates while working alongside with them will lead the store and team to success and bring our brand essence of FUN, SMART, SAVINGS to life!
• Overseeing the day to day operations, focus in assigned departments
• Involved in buying, merchandising, and replenishment of products
• Execution of the GT System
• Inventory management
• Planning and set up of sales events.
• Store associate engagement
• 3 years store management experience
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills
• Strong merchandising skills
• Analytical skills which would lead to appropriate action and recommendations being made to the Store Owner
• Actively involved and connected with the store’s local community
This position requires that you be available to work day, evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
• Stand and/or walk.
• Bend, twist, and squat.
• lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
• Perform tasks involving firm grasping.
• Perform repetitive tasks requiring a range of hand motions.
• Reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
• Operate equipment, including using a ladder.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.