Service Desk Analyst Job in Toronto, ON at Legal Aid Ontario
Legal Aid Ontario employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients.
As an integral partner in the Justice system, working at Legal Aid Ontario is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to help people who need it the most; to ensure each client receives the access to justice afforded to them under the law.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your already meaningful career with a team dedicated to justice, and innovation in a flexible and supportive work environment consider this opportunity below.
The position will be responsible for receiving end user IT support requests via phone, email, web and other means, along with responding and providing solutions to address the end user requirement. Follow through and tracking of escalated issues is a key responsibility to ensure IT service level objectives are achieved. This position physically operates from LAO’s Ottawa District Office and reports to Manager, IT Enterprise Infrastructure and Customer Experience in Toronto.
Reports to: Manager, It Operations, Information Technology Operations
- Accepts all incidents and requests from end users
- Perform user account management and provide solutions over the phone and email
- Support incident requests for all workstation environments, such as MS Office, File system, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint and Citrix
- Support all network printers, troubleshoot installation and configuration issues, configure new network printers, place service calls where applicable
- Support all Hardware, Software, networking, and phone incident requests
- Troubleshoot and diagnose computer issues, install new images, place service calls with Vendor/Service Provider where applicable
- Escalate unresolved issues to IT Operations and Application teams, along with other LAO support teams
- Update all call tickets, close call tickets and follow up with end users
- Support wired and wireless local area network and Internet in the LAO remote offices;
- Assist with IT projects in the remote offices and courthouses with the coordination between LAO and buildings managers/contractors;
- Assist with LAO remote office moves.
Required skills & experience
- Successful completion of a computer science degree, diploma or relative work experience.
- Dedication to excellence in end user service with demonstrated ability to listen to end user needs at any level and translate those needs into solutions.
- 5+ years IT helpdesk experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong knowledge of end user devices: Windows 7, Windows 10, iPad, iPhone, Android phones and tablets
- Extensive experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007/2010/2013 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Active Directory, User account management, File and printer management
- Experience with SharePoint 2007/2013/1016 and Citrix
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and Teams is an asset
- Basic knowledge of network and VoIP system
- Excellent communication skills.
- MCSA, MCSE, MCITP certifications, is an asset
This position is collectively represented by OPSEU and the successful incumbent will be governed by the provisions of a collective agreement and subject to union dues.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on Njoyn. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
First time applying to LAO? You will need to create a profile AND then apply for the position.
Already have an Njoyn account? Just sign in and select “my jobs” to apply.
Once you have successfully applied you will receive a confirmation email.
Trouble applying? For telephone support please call 1-877-427-7717 or email: [email protected]
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency. Our recruitment process reflects our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Legal Aid Ontario encourages applicants from equity seeking groups, including but not limited to individuals who are First Nations, Inuit or Metis decent, persons with disabilities, members of racialized communities and women.
About the Company
Company: Legal Aid Ontario
Company Location: Toronto, ON