Senior SR&ED IT Specialist (Central Ontario Region) Job in Toronto, ON at Business Improvement Group, Inc. –
Business Improvement Group has been fortunate to have worked with over 1500 companies across a wide range of industries, making us one of the largest, full-services grant, Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED), Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (OIDMTC) and consulting firms in Canada. Our head office is located in Guelph, Ontario with offices in Mississauga, Parry Sound, and clients throughout Canada.
In your position as Senior SR&ED IT Specialist you will work alongside a dynamic client services team designed to best serve clients in their goal of maximizing R&D tax credits. This opportunity is for someone who has the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting targets and deadlines and providing client-focussed service.
With your in-depth knowledge of IT Technologies, including networking, hardware, software, architecture, Internet, etc gained through your work history and/or educational background, you will work with clients to identify the technological challenges in their projects as they strive to advance their products or processes to prepare a strong SR&ED claim.
As a Senior SR&ED IT Specialist, you will:
· Meet with various client teams in-person, online, via email and analyze projects and work conducted throughout the year to identify key challenges and technological advancements that fit within the spirit of the SR&ED program
· Synthesize disparate sources of information into a cohesive technical narrative following the prescribed SR&ED Report Format that that highlight each projects’ eligibility and the work done in the Fiscal Period
· Manage the timeline, execution and delivery of client SR&ED claim submissions
· Ability to be creative in expressing technological and scientific concepts as well as summarizing information
· Work with our financial team to identify eligible expenditures and ensure optimized benefits are claimed for our clients
· Actively train and assist clients in their documentation and internal SR&ED practices to capture work details occurring throughout the year on an ongoing basis
· Work on internal projects by developing tools, templates and reports to enhance operational efficiency
· Support the development of strategic alliances with accounting firms and other organizations in support of the business plan
· Demonstrated leadership and strong inter-personnel skills
· Support the team and clients with regard to claims audited by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
· Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the client’s business and maintain strong client relationships
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we are allowing all employees to work from home at this time. We provide remote conferencing tools for virtual meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Business Improvement Group, Inc. –
Company Location: Toronto, ON