Marketing Coordinator Job in Victoria, BC at R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. –
Malatest is one of Canada’s largest independently owned and operated social research companies with office locations in Victoria, Edmonton, Ottawa, and Toronto.
The role of the Marketing Coordinator is a new position at Malatest. The position reports to the Vice-President – Business Development and works with an existing team of proposal/business development writers. The Marketing Coordinator will support new and ongoing business opportunities and project communication initiatives, primarily in the public sector. Our Marketing Coordinator will be comfortable with developing promotional materials and using a range of social media platforms to promote the company. This position will be located in Victoria, Edmonton, or Ottawa, depending on the candidate selected.
If you have an interest in the research Malatest provides and are looking for an opportunity to diversify your learning and experience related to a range of business development opportunities, this position would be of interest to you. Our ideal candidate will be a strong writer and will have had exposure to marketing, communications, graphic design, outreach for sales, and/or project management.
Areas of our research focus are diverse; however, some common areas include health, education, employment and the labour market, housing, and transportation.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Identifying potential clients and coordinating meetings for Malatest’s senior management
- Supporting identification of potential market areas (e.g. staying current with new business opportunities)
- Participating in direct marketing initiatives, which could include email/telephone contact with prospective clients
- Supporting the development of marketing materials (e.g. sales sheets, presentations)
- Contributing to the development of business plans and business cases for new initiatives
- Coordinating communications with potential subcontractors
- Coordinating/contributing to Malatest social media content
- Completing other activities as needed in support of business development unit
· Undergraduate/graduate degree/diploma in marketing, communications, business administration, English, graphic design, social sciences, or other relevant field of study. Minimum of undergraduate degree or diploma.
· Essential skills and aptitudes:
- Ability to write complex text efficiently and to a high level of quality
- Critical thinking and professional business acumen/judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks to self-monitor and work collaboratively with others
- Proficiency with MS Office and other relevant programs (e.g. InDesign, Affinity Designer, Affinity Publisher)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and able to obtain security clearances from the Industrial Security Directorate Division of Public Services and Procurement Canada
· Desired skills and aptitudes:
- Graphic design experience
- Comfort using and creating content for a variety of social media platforms
- Minimum of two years applied work experience in a client-focused environment with responsibility for managing time and multiple projects from inception to completion
Malatest is a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. This position will support multiple projects simultaneously, under the pressure of deadlines. The work requires extensive use of a computer and advanced computer skills are required. The work will also require making phone calls and sending emails to support sales activities.
The successful applicant must be able to self-monitor, constructively handle feedback, and strive for continuous improvement. Standard office hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm, though some flexibility is possible for the right candidate.
This position must demonstrate clear and collaborative communications with multiple departments.
Employees must demonstrate a high level of integrity and attention to detail, an ability to work independently, and the ability to accept responsibility for the quality and completion of assigned work.
Locations: Victoria, BC; Edmonton, AB; or Ottawa, ON
Hours of Work: Full-time (40 hours per week); schedules may vary based on work requirements; flexibility to work other hours and/or overtime during busy times
Rate of Pay: $50,000.00 per year (based on qualifications) plus revenue-based bonus, high standards of excellence and performance may lead to further career advancement opportunities
How to Apply?
Submit your resume, cover letter, and application form to Malatest. No calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
About the Company
Company: R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. –
Company Location: Victoria, BC