IT Operations Engineer (DevOps) Job in Toronto, ON at SharpSwift
SharpSwift is currently seeking a talented Operations Engineer to join our client’s Ops team. The client is a technology consulting firm based in GTA and provides digital IT solutions to some of the global companies.
You will be part of a Global Operations Team working in Eastern Time Zone hours. You will work closely with Operations Lead, L2/L3 Engineer, PMs other technical team members. You will be an individual with maturity, a depth of technical experience that allows for grasping issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
The position is Full-Time position. You must have the authorization to work in Canada. The client will not sponsor any work permits.
- Building and setting up new servers and infrastructure.
- Prevent, Detect & Troubleshoot production issues.
- Support Production systems as part of the core DevOps team
- Create logging and monitoring standards and implement them into the environment
- Create automated rollback and self-healing capabilities into the platform.
- Candidate should be open to rotational shifts during EST day hours.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 4-8 years of Ops experience
- 5 plus years in core DevOps / application support / large scale enterprise deployments.
- Must be a Bash/Python Scripting guru
- Must have Web server admin & troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on Apache / Tomcat server experience will be a big asset.
- Skills in using and monitoring, Systems, Logs & Alerting with help automated tools such as Appdynamics & integrated Splunk with Java based applications.
- Thread dump analysis and Heap Dump analysis skills are plus.
- Strong knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) concepts, tools, and features. Hands-on experience with configuring an APM tool like DyanTrace, AppDynamics will be a plus.
- Experience configuring SAML, OAuth, LDAP integrations & troubleshooting
- Must have good Splunk experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using, managing, maintaining, building & supporting major cloud platforms e.g. Azure.
- Experience supporting 24/7/365 high availability environment
- Good communication skills are required
- University degree in Computer science or Engineering
Nice To Have
- 2 years of experience in supporting APM for large scale applications
- Java development experience
- Experience with configuring CDN (Akamai, Fastly etc) rules
Reference ID: SS-OP-1
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Splunk: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dynatrace: 3 years (Preferred)
- IT Operations: 5 years (Required)
- AppDynamics Setup: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company Location: Toronto, ON