HR/Marketing Assistant Job in Barrie, ON at MetalWood Studio –
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR/ Marketing Assistant will be assigned to various tasks that assist with the effective operation of the Human Resources and Marketing departments. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and Management staff.
· Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
· Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources.
· Processing incoming mail.
· Creating and distributing documents.
· Providing customer service to organization employees.
· Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
· Assist with recruitment, job postings, arranging interviews, prescreening, Offer letters and training.
· Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
· Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
· Assist with Benefits administration.
· Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
· Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
· Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
· Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
· Preparing new employee files.
· Collecting employment and tax information.
· Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
· Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications.
· Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process.
· Tracking the attendance of employees and their use of vacation and sick days.
· Performs administrative duties as required for executive staff in support of company initiatives and programs.
· Draft press and media releases.
· Liaise with public relations and media contacts.
· Assist with planning, coordinating and participate in marketing events.
· Help prepare and conduct product presentations.
· Update company website and social media tools.
· Conduct market research
· Monitor competitive activity and market trends
· Develop and implement strategies for social media platforms.
· Prepare and execute online marketing campaigns.
· Liaise and correspond with outside vendors and suppliers.
· Other duties as required.
Work Experience Requirements
6 months –1-year experience in Human Resources.
Entry Level position
Diploma in Human Resources, Marketing or Administration.
· A POSITIVE ATTITUDE is a must!
· Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
· Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
· Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
· Excellent organizational ability
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English
· Works well independently and in a team environment
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
· Ability to follow workflow processes and policy and procedures
· Health and Safety oriented
· Knowledge of HR best practices
· Knowledge of employment, Human Rights and OH&S legislations.
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
About the Company
Company: MetalWood Studio –
Company Location: Barrie, ON