Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator Job in Truro, NS at Rath Eastlink Community Centre
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Communication, the Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for managing the RECC’s social media/website as well as conceptualizing and creating printed media that will be displayed around the facility and given to members in the form of pamphlets/brochures/schedules/forms.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in graphic design, as well as experience in managing social media (Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Google/Website) As an ideal candidate you should be comfortable with creating content that coincides with the values of the RECC, and have some experience in external communications and working with the public.
The candidate will be responsible for engaging other team members to help in creating content for social media as well as engaging external partners.
Please send examples of your work for our review.
- Conceptualize and create pamphlets/brochures/programming schedules/seating maps/flyers/posters
- Work with print shops on production of media
- Create event posters, both for print and to be used online.
- Work within specified budget, reporting on all expenditures related to each event/request
- Keep RECC brand/messaging consistent across projects
- Maintain/Update website to reflect all upcoming events/programming. Website is currently using the Joomla Platform.
- Create best-practices for social media posting. Scheduling posts, using external software to organize multiple platforms.
- Create graphics according to needs of each platform
- Engage other departments to help create additional content, supporting them wherever needed
- Be flexible and adaptable as the business continues to evolve
- Represent the values of the RECC
- Build positive relations with fellow staff members and patrons
- Provide analytics from social media/website platforms to assist with marketing and promotional efforts
- Assist with creation of Marketing plans/schedule
- Document best practices/training documentation
- Create/edit presentations for use by other Directors
- Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures and ensure adherence
- Ensure full confidentiality is maintained for all members/users/staff by employing procedures that reduce the unnecessary transmission of confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of role
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Two (2) years’ graphic design experience
- Minimum Two (2) years’ experience managing social media
- A willingness to leverage new technologies as they become available is preferred.
- Able to work weekends/evenings/events
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is required ( Illustrator/Premier/Photoshop )
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required ( Powerpoint/Word/Some Excel )
- Experience in App development an asset.
- Experience in Joomla/Wix an asset.
- Photography skills an asset.
- Able to work weekends/evenings/events
- First aid preferred
- Qualifications and certifications will be required as per specific roles and must be maintained.
- A current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check are mandatory for all RECC employees, and must be presented before beginning employment.
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental benefits
Work With Us
JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM!! COMPENSATION INCLUDES FULL MEMBERSHIP TO RECC!!
The Rath Eastlink Community Centre is full of exciting options that will help you and your family live an active lifestyle. Hosting an Aquatic Centre with two pools and a 2.5 story water slide; fitness centre and studio with cardio, weight lifting, and circuit equipment; athletic development centre; indoor 35′ high rock climbing wall; NHL sized ice pad for skating, surrounded by 2,500 fixed seats; in-house food & beverage provider; and a walking/jogging track free for public use, the recreation opportunities are extensive!
About the Company
Company: Rath Eastlink Community Centre
Company Location: Truro, NS