First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Technology and Help Desk Leader Job in Toronto, ON at Ontario Trillium Foundation
OTF Grant Review Team (GRT) members are appointed to review and recommend projects for funding in Ontario’s communities. Based on where they live, volunteers are appointed to one of 16 geographically based Grant Review Teams (catchments). Up to 336 volunteers bring diverse perspectives and knowledge to their catchment teams across the province. Volunteers
are stewards of public funds. They deliver criteria-based assessments that inform grant-making decisions across Ontario.
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Technology and Help Desk Leader.
Reporting and operating under the functional guidance of the Senior Manager of Information Technology, the Technology and Help Desk Leader role ensures the stable operation of OTF IT infrastructure including all cloud and on-premise environments containing servers, systems, storage and internet working equipment, security equipment, databases, as well as data and telecommunication links. As the sole SME for infrastructure on the IT team, and with the support of OTF’s Managed Service Provider, the Lead will plan, develop, install, configure, maintain, support and optimize the OTF information infrastructure environment.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Ensure the availability, security, and integrity of OTF’s network infrastructure, domain, network security, data centers, telecom, messaging and cellular services for all stakeholders
- Maintain all system, network and infrastructure design and capacity planning
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop architectures, and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
- Establish service level agreements with other business units
- Coordinate and manage infrastructure related projects and initiatives
Acquisition & Deployment
- First point of contact for and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network and security products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Manage and Support OTF’s O365 and Azure environment
- Support and advise on OTF’s Business Intelligence infrastructure and data governance initiative: Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, SQL databases
- Manage and Monitor all aspects of OTF’s data centre including, but not limited to servers (domain controllers, file & print, SQL), operating systems, software, storage array networks, firewalls, routers, switches, wi-fi, antivirus, intrusion prevention systems, and telephony
- Manage and ensure high quality customer service of OTF’s helpdesk
- Manage overall network and database access rights and system(s) permission
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations
- Administer all server level equipment, hardware and software upgrades
- Document and maintain technical infrastructure specifications and information
- Conduct server, network and database security audits
- Manage system backups and disaster recovery plans
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
Self Identify as First Nations/Metis/Inuit
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in similar environment
Hands-on hardware, system, and database tuning troubleshooting experience
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
Working experience managing and supporting an on-premises data centre and cloud or hosted environments such as Microsoft O365 and Azure.
Extensive server, SAN, network and database support experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Virtualization, Active Directory, SQL
Linux Operating system (CentOS, Apache, Tomcat), and MySQL
Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including IP v4 and IP v6, HP servers, storage area network (SAN), Extreme Network 100/1000/10000 (copper and fiber) switches, Sophos XG firewalls, VPN appliances, backup and restore technologies.
Certifications in CCNA, the following Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience:
MCSE – Core infrastructure, Data Management & Analytics
MCSA – Office 365
Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator
Service management – ITIL Foundation
PMP certification is desirable
About the Company
Company: Ontario Trillium Foundation
Company Location: Toronto, ON