Financial Analyst Job in Toronto, ON at G Adventures –
Department: Finance Location: *Toronto , Canada
G Adventures is the world’s largest small group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travellers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis the Financial Analyst will manage the company financial forecasting models and build reporting for management, external users, and regulatory bodies. They will also be involved in preparation of recurring reporting deliverables, analysis, budgeting and financial packages.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Maintain and manage company and consolidated group forecasting models from P&L through to Balance Sheet and Liquidity/ Cash Position using input from departments within the business and insight from the Treasury team
- Utilize our Business Intelligence Tool to pull and visualize data to facilitate reporting, analysis and decision making on large sets of financial data
- Foster relationships with key individuals across the business in order to assist with the forecasting process
- Service a geographically dispersed team of budget owners, as needed, with variance analysis and forecasting support
- Plan and conduct analysis of financial data, identify trends, provide assessment of existing and proposed financial plans, propose changes to ensure organization achieves financial targets
- Analyze and research any variances and use analytical skills to assess a variety of financial data to identify improvements and make recommendations
- Assist with implementation of new Workday ERP system
- Assist in development of fiscal budget through template development and data analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and communicate key insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Learn about the overall business in order to ensure development of reporting to better understand, analyze and predict financial trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work collaboratively and effectively
- Gain trust and confidence among internal customers that deliverables will be provided with high quality, and on time
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience as an analyst, FP&A an asset
- University or college degree in business or accounting/finance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and vlookups use on large sets of financial data
- Experience with accounting methodologies and principles
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting process and models
- Strong ability to translate data into actionable insight using storytelling and visualizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work collaboratively and effectively with a geographically dispersed team of colleagues, and agencies
- Driven and motivated by a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn and be challenged
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Unfailing commitment to internal and external customer service
- Understanding of, and identification with G Adventures’ Core Values
- Additional talents which are not required, but would be an asset are: completed/enrolled in CFA/CPA program and experience with Business Intelligence tools, Looker, SQL, relational databases,Workday, TM1 or the like
We thank all interested candidates, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
G Adventures is proud to be an equal opportunities employer that values and respects the people who work for us. Our aim is to be an employer of choice, enabling everyone to reach their full potential. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations. If you require accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: G Adventures –
Company Location: Toronto, ON