Finance Manager Job in Mississauga, ON at Reena Group –
The Finance Manager is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial statements, maintain accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
The finance and accounting team will be required to manage credit and collections, invoicing and all payable functions. They will operate with an ERP system designed to integrate the accounting functions with the daily operations of the business. There is an expectation to review and develop key performance measures (KPI) to support performance management of business.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working relationship, with all leads of management.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure with job descriptions adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- KPI Review and performance improvement actions
- General Tasks
- Ensure accounts payables are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Process payroll biweekly.
- Periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain charter of accounts.
- Establish and review credit policy and terms.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Establish and issue financial and operating metrics or KPI’s.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital purchases, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision to external auditors.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Third Party Audit function
- 5 years experience with a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- Working knowledge of SAGE ERP System a must
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- general accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Sage 300: 1 year (preferred)
- CGA or CMA designation (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Reena Group –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON