Director of Resident Programs and Admissions Job in Kamloops, BC at Sienna Senior Living –
Ridgeview Lodge Care Community is designed to meet the needs of seniors in the Thompson-Shuswap region of British Columbia, Ridgeview Lodge brings residents together in a cottage-like setting. Close to public transit, shops, restaurants, the Thompson River and McArthur Island Park, the area around Ridgeview Lodge is as convenient it is as beautiful.
*$5000 Signing Incentive!
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Director of Resident Programs and Admissions is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Director of Resident Programs and Admissions your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities within the programs, wellness and recreation departments.
- Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the resident in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and organization standards.
- Assessing of individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests and abilities in order to identify needs, develops appropriate support to optimize resident involvement, and introduces new and/or modified activities, programs, services as applicable.
- Participating in the recruitment, team member and labour relations, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions of the Long Term Care Community for respective department team members.
- Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Assisting in linking residents and family with resources and services both within the Long Term Care and community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
- Minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience in management, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Long Term Care with specialized knowledge of Gerontology.
- At least 1 year experience in a health care setting.
- Serving it Right. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
*Some conditions may apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- recreational therapy: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Sienna Senior Living –
Company Location: Kamloops, BC
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]