Digital Marketing Manager – Contract Job in Oakville, ON at Peter Mielzynski Agencies
Jägermeister is the 9th biggest spirit brand in the world. A pioneer in the digital space in the spirit industry in Canada, we strive to become the leading premium shot brand for the LDA 29 consumer. The Digital Marketing Manager is key driver of our efforts to drive brand rejuvenation and recruitment of new generation consumers, by:
- Delivering 100% authentic, unique and innovative communication platforms
Providing a 360 degree approach –Making sure that digital is a vital part of every holistic marketing initiative
Exploiting unique legacy of the brand/differentiation vs competitors
Driving the “brand for me” perception and local relevance/various brand strategies on different markets
Aiming for the highest standards of creative idea execution
Bringing the premium character of the brand to life
This role also supports the PMA organization, leading all digital initiatives for PMA as a company, including updating the PMA website and any other corporate initiatives online. The person in this role be spending the majority of their time on Jagermeister, but will also be available to assist other Brand Managers within PMA with their digital marketing campaigns.
The Digital Marketing Manager will lead the strategy development and delivery of digital marketing campaigns across multiple digital channels. The channels include but are not limited to: web, social media, e-commerce, influencer and paid advertising.
Will work closely with the brand team to optimize the use of each digital channel for campaign efforts.
Will provide functional expertise, and recommendations regarding the execution of digital/social marketing campaigns, as well as Consumer Relationship Management (CRM).
Will have the ability to review, analyse and recommend program enhancements based on campaign performance and real-time results to ensure the best performing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will also be willing to take on other marketing projects on the Brand Team that are outside of Digital Marketing, as they come up.
- Develop strategic digitial marketing plans
- Follow digital trends and insights, applying them to digital marketing programs to create fully integrated campaigns
- Develop, plan and execute digital campaigns designed to drive consumer engagement and loyalty
- Lead all social calendaring, posting, messaging with follwers, testing/optimization, audience selection, creative development, and analysis for digital campaigns.
- Partner closely with Jagermeister Digital Team in the US to optimize efficiencies, including leveraging assets, achieving optimal data segmentation and leveraging new tools/techniques in the digital space.
- Participate in broader strategic initiatives such as lead generation, fan segmentation and loyalty programs across multiple channels.
- Analyze competition strategies and follow CRM and digital trends and internal campaigns, making ongoing recommendations to improve program results.
Lead all development, maintenance and customer service for our e-commerce platform, Jagershop.ca
- Analyze campaign performance data and create internal reporting to inform overall performance
- Ability to learn web technologies and infrastructure including content management system, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, web site usability, etc
Leadership & people management, ability to motivate and inspire others into actions supportive of our goals
Relationship building skills, ability to deal with supplier & customer “gatekeepers” and influence their decisions
Proactive Stakeholder Engagement & Cross Functional Management Approach
Results oriented individual, a self-starter focused on innovating ways of working to stay ahead of competition
Project Management & Workflow Capability (Organized), adherence to deadlines
Measurement & Evaluation; willingness to make adjustments and changes based on results and potential efficiencies
Communication: Expresses self in a clear and compelling manner. Ability to write succinctly, adjusting tone and content to stay on brand
Cultural Sensitivity: Demonstrates a flexible communication approach to different cultures
Strong understanding and knowledge of digital trends and how to apply them to marketing programs
Strong analytical skills and ability to develop actionable plans based on analysis
Organization skills & ability to priortize
Customer service oriented
New Idea Generation & Implementation
Ability to provide analysis and feedback
Share and communicate knowledge and skills with others, is able to recognize other’s best practices and apply them to his/hers day to day activities
Actively involved in the overall business and team’s activities
Show proper preparation, responsiveness, accountability and responsibility for their actions
Improves self through personal development.
Act with integrity in all of their responsibilities and actions.
Display a conscientious work ethic, coach and mentor more junior staff, be proactive and not reactive to potential issues
Show initiative to succeed, share ideas, opens to change and learn from successes and failures.
Bring energy, passion, positive attitude and demonstrate strong commitment to the brand Jägermeister and PMA
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A proven track record of successful management of digital marketing campaigns and implementation of overall brand and digital strategy.
+5 years’ experience in digital and social media marketing
Community management experience
E-Commerce platform (Shopify) experience a plus
Familiar with laws and regulations of the Canadian Beverage Alcohol Industry, understanding of National and Local Alcohol & Gaming Laws
Proficiency across all major Social Media platforms and Facebook Business
Content management and editorial process development; Content analysis and distribution strategy
Bilingual English/French – Ability to Function in Canada’s 2 Official Languages is a strong recruitment consideration
About the Company
Company: Peter Mielzynski Agencies
Company Location: Oakville, ON