Continuing Care Assistant – Full-Time Job in Truro, NS at Shannex Inc.
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of home care, retirement living and continuing care accommodations and services in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Continuing Care Assistant – Full-Time
Located in Truro, Nova Scotia at Cedarstone Enhanced Care, we have Continuing Care Assistant positions available. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division or Retirement Living divisions. The Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate, you will work to Full Scope of Practice, provide direct client care, light housekeeping and laundry services, as well, meal preparation and delivery, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards for clients in our Enhanced Care sites.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Prepares and serves meals within our food service department.
- Cleans client rooms, server and household common areas.
- Provides basic laundry services.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Palliative Care Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by December 18, 2020
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
About the Company
Company: Shannex Inc.
Company Location: Truro, NS