Community Engagement Specialist Job in Huntsville, ON at Community Living Huntsville
We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic, driven and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Community Engagement Specialist. As a representative of Community Living Huntsville (CLH), you will shape the voice of CLH within the community by promoting inclusion for people with developmental disabilities.
Your contributions will include:
· Increasing awareness through identifying and networking with supporters; planning, administering and monitoring events that resonate with the public.
· Through effective relationship development, uncover new opportunities for community members and organizations to participate in improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities and further CLH’s purpose and vision.
· Actively seek grant opportunities that would compliment and/or enhance the work of the organization and its strategic objectives.
· Partnering with the internal Communications Team to utilize all forms of communication to create enthusiasm and passion for the vision of the organization. Communication tools include using a mix of direct personalized marketing (mail and email), phone calls, virtual and personal face-to-face solicitation strategies to achieve goals.
· Working collaboratively with teams on development and execution of campaigns and strategies to maximize donor engagement opportunities including:
o Fundraising retention strategies to upgrade and convert existing donors to higher giving levels where appropriate
o Developing strategies to acquire new donors and recover lapsed donors including community leaders, citizens, informal and formal community clubs, groups and associations
- Maintaining accurate records of all activities in the database and provide insights into various reports, issues and challenges
- Preparing and recommending annual budget submission for community engagement and fund development activities within parameters designated by the Executive Director.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Exceptional skills in networking, presenting, and pitching, with demonstrated capacity to manage prospects through the full cultivation cycle to a successful close.
- Proven experience planning, developing and implementing strategies and events to achieve fundraising goals with an understanding and ability to influence donor giving decisions
- Strong donor relations and customer service skills, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to interact and build positive relationships with diverse communities and community organizations
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion for inclusion and advancing opportunities for those with developmental disabilities
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive Certification (CFRE) preferred
- Ability to work independently, and in a team setting
· Competitive pay rate and benefits
· Opportunities for implementing initiatives and seeing events through to completion
· Rewarding work in a positive team environment
· Work-life balance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $52,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
About the Company
Company: Community Living Huntsville
Company Location: Huntsville, ON