Community Engagement Manager Job in Winnipeg, MB at The Courtyards at Linden Pointe
Linden Pointe, a beautifully designed and meticulously managed Brightwater Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care senior living community, is seeking a Community Engagement Manager with experience in engagement program development.We are proud to offer the highest quality in health support services and a staff that truly cares for our residents. We are looking for warm, compassionate professionals to join our team of dedicated, helpful-spirited individuals. Every team member in a Brightwater community embodies the skill and caring disposition which define our culture–The Culture of the Positive.
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager (Full-Time, Exempt)
Position Summary: The Community Engagement Manager will be expected to collaborate with and support key team members on development and execution of resident programs and experiences that enhance quality of life for residents, promote strong engagement, and fulfill the goals set by Brightwater; facilitate community involvement through volunteerism; and safely transport residents in community bus or another vehicle according to schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain any certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
- Ability to obtain authorization from Brightwater to drive company vehicles.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction, meet timelines and work on a multitude of projects at one time.
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work environment
- Professional level of organization.
- Preferred knowledge in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A positive attitude and ability to work in both a team and rapidly changing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain resident, employee, and community information in strict confidence (with community management or other employees as necessary).
- Submit all required documents to Home Office in a timely manner.
- Oversee Social Engagement, including but not limited to:
– Complete and maintain activities-related evaluations on new residents (e.g., Activities Questionnaire and Social/Spiritual Data).
– Consult residents on a regular basis, both individually and in resident group meetings, to ascertain activity preferences.
– Plan and implement activities of enough variety and at sufficient frequency, with activity categories to include but not be limited to physical, creative expression, cultural, creative, recreational, social, spiritual, and community service.
– Assure that activities are offered as scheduled or, if cancelled, that appropriate alternatives are offered.
– Assure an active Ambassadors program, including “Welcome Club” and other resident community service groups.
– Inform residents of daily activities and lead activities as required or necessary.
– Maintain activities portion of Osborn Visual system.
– Instruct other staff members to effectively lead activities with approval of Operations and Administration Director.
– Coordinate Resident Council meetings.
– Assure work areas, as well as any activity supply storage areas, are clean and organized.
– Participate in resident service planning process to assure resident needs are addressed through activities as directed by the Operations and Administration Director.
– Maintain records of resident participation.
– Work with team on planning, implementing and monitoring wellness and recreation programs that meet the specific needs of residents.
- Oversee Dining Engagement, including but not limited to:
– Participate and collaborate with Community Management Team and Dining Team in providing the highest standard of dining room experiences.
- Support Sales & Marketing Engagement, including but not limited to:
– Fill-in when needed in providing community tours to prospective residents and their families.
– Take the lead in responding to walk-in inquiries when the Sales & Marketing Director isn’t present.
– Work with the Sales & Marketing team in compiling data for reporting.
– Assist in Brightwater event planning, coordination and set-up.
– Participate as needed in local community events to promote Brightwater in a positive manner, communicating company values to all audiences.
– Execute the move-in Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that the move-in experience for every resident is in accordance with the high standards set by Brightwater.
– Provide support to all new residents to ensure the quality of the resident orientation to their new suite.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all community policies and procedures.
- Adhere to dress/appearance code. (Changes in attire may be permitted for special circumstances as directed by your supervisor).
- Perform all assigned work for the agreed-upon wage, accepting no additional payment or gifts from residents, vendors, or others.
- Promote resident advocacy and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Serve as a role model for other employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, respectful, and positive attitude.
- Represent the community in the community at large in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Demonstrate ability to perform duties under time constraints and deadlines.
- Attend education and training classes as required by state or provincial regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Brightwater Senior Living is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide an environment in which human dignity prevails. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, perceived race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, creed, religion, age, marital status, family/parental status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, receipt of public assistance, status as a veteran or current or future military status. Brightwater Senior Living does not tolerate discriminate or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Adobe Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Community Engagement: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Community engagement : 2 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: The Courtyards at Linden Pointe
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB