B2B/SaaS Content Writer Job in Calgary, AB at Case Study Buddy Inc. –
Join a small team, doing big things, where you can have a huge impact!
At Case Study Buddy, we make it easy for amazing B2B companies with happy customers to turn those success stories into sales.
We’re looking for a full-time content writer with proven experience in writing for SaaS, tech, and digital marketing agencies who can help us tell our client’s customer success stories in a focused, compelling, and human way—and help us level up our own content marketing efforts in-house.
This is for you if…
- You have proven experience in writing for/about SaaS, tech, and digital marketing topics
- You have a journalist’s nose for a good story.
- You’re a ruthless researcher who reads briefs. Twice.
- You’re a strategic storyteller, considering context and business goals to define the narrative.
- You thrive on clear expectations and well-defined processes.
- You’re excited about customer success stories and want to write them for a long time. This isn’t a slight detour on your path to writing erotic poetry, conversion copywriting, or launching a pet detective agency.
- You don’t wilt with feedback. It makes you more powerful. Scary powerful. Yikes. Look at you!
- You hit deadlines. (But you knew that one was coming, right?)
A history in working for B2B clients (digital agencies, industrial manufacturing, tech, software, services, etc.) is a massive asset and will be given heavy preference.
While we’ll certainly train you on the way we write customer success stories, strong writing chops are non-optional, and proof of paid client work is required.
Who we are
- Founded in 2016
- Based in Calgary with an international team
- Fully remote from day one
Case Study Buddy is the go-to team of specialists that leading B2B brands trust to tell their customer success stories in a way that connects, convinces, and sells.
Clients ranging from funded start-ups to the Fortune 100 count on us to make the experience as frictionless as possible and give their customers the white-glove treatment.
We’re on a mission to be the best in the world at telling customer success stories across all mediums: written, audio, and video.
What we value
- Curiosity: We take a focused and genuine interest in finding the heart of the story, the hidden opportunity, and the new way of thinking.
- Connection: From our team to our customers, we treat people like real people. We build, nurture, and prioritize relationships.
- Initiative: See a problem? Solve a problem! We step up, take ownership, and do whatever it takes to get the job done right. Without waiting to be asked.
- Integrity: We do what we promise and own the outcome, sharing the wins and taking accountability for the missteps.
- Excellence: We refuse to settle for “good enough” and would rather redefine best practices than blindly follow someone else’s.
What does success look like in this role?
As a content writer, you’ve got two big goals:
1. Tell customer success stories in a compelling and strategic way.
You mind the details, dissect the transcripts, ask smart questions, and pull out the most powerful story possible based on the client’s goals. Then, you tell the story across multiple formats, from 1,500-word deep-dives to teeny tiny summary blurbs.
2. Help educate, inspire, and motivate our leads and clients.
While the majority of the work will be on customer success stories, you’ll be given opportunities to contribute to Case Study Buddy’s overall content marketing efforts. You show us where you’re most excited and capable, and we’ll give you the space to execute at your best.
What does that look like day-to-day?
By the time you sit down to write…
- We’ve got detailed briefs ready to roll with backstory, goals, and insights for the specific piece…
- The interview is already complete, the transcript is ready, and the audio is there for you…
- You have predefined wires/templates for you to write to, so there’s no need to muck with formatting…
- The project manager will handle 100% of client communication, so there’s no chasing clients or managing people.
You’ll be counted on to…
Review briefs, transcripts, and research materials
You’re the kind of person who takes great notes, uses a highlighter to select the quotes that might make sense for the story, and triple-checks to make sure you know exactly what the client is looking for from the story we’ve captured.
Write customer success stories in multiple formats
On any given project, you may be turning the same story into:
- 1,500 deep-dives
- 750-word high-level summaries
- Q&A-style blog posts (e.g. ‘An interview with X from Y about Z’)
- 200-word teasers
- 150-word one-sheets
- 10-slide presentation decks
- One-sentence synopsis for websites
- Quick blurbs for email newsletters
- Individual quotes for social media
- Tweets, ads, or social posts
We arm our clients with a whole bunch of ways to share their stories, and your work is central to that mission.
When clients or their customers ask for changes, you’ll be there to make them as quickly as possible and keep things moving.
Contribute to other case study projects and formats
You’ll have opportunities to expand your skillset by working on things like creating storyboards for video testimonials, selecting interview clips for audiograms, combining multiple studies into ‘nuclear proof decks’ and more.
Collaborate on defining, refining, and improving formats and processes
If (and when!) you see a way to do things better, or a new opportunity for us to tell stories in a more compelling way, you’ll have the floor to share. Your perspective is important and your feedback will be taken seriously as we work together to become the best customer success storytellers on the planet.
Create content for Case Study Buddy
From blog posts, guides, and checklists to email newsletters, you’ll have a chance to flex your writing chops and create content that brings in leads, generates repeat business, and keeps Case Study Buddy top-of-mind.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
We’re fully remote, so you’re free to hunker down in your home office and sanitize as regularly as you see fit!
- We’d like to get to know you a little better than a resume.
Please take a few minutes to complete the questionnaire here: https://thwomp.typeform.com/to/FunzMzfy
Copy the link, paste in the browser, and you’re off!
About the Company
Company: Case Study Buddy Inc. –
Company Location: Calgary, AB