Assistant, Sales and Marketing Job in Richmond, BC at Intercity Packers Ltd –
Intercity Packers is the largest meat/seafood distribution company in Western Canada and part of Gordon Food Service (GFS) Canada group of companies, who has been recognized by Forbes magazine to be among Canada’s Best Employers in 2021. As our innovative business continues to rapidly grow, we are seeking a new full-time Marketing Assistant to join and collaborate with our Purchasing & Marketing team in growing and maintaining our two eCommerce services, for Food Service customers (B2B) and Direct Home Delivery (B2C). Reporting to the Marketing Specialist, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting in the creation of digital and print campaigns. If you are detail-orientated and can stay motivated while working in a face-paced team environment, we would love to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a primary customer service contact for B2C customers, answering phone and email enquiries, resolving delivery requests, complaints and processing orders in an efficient and timely manner.
- Customer service oriented in order to handle the requests and needs of our growing customer base, by responding to chat requests, emails and calls
- Produce and maintain standardized email marketing, sales presentations and flyers with InDesign and Mailchimp.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Intercity Packers’ products, in order to merchandise products online and impart information to B2C and B2B customers
- Managing online product inventory and new product listing creation, such as entering price, sku, etc.
- Photograph products and use Photoshop to ensure the aesthetics of the photography live up to our brand standards. Upload and maintain product photography according to specifications.
- Reliable Adherence to daily, weekly, and quarterly deadlines
- Various tracking and reporting responsibilities
- Commitment to Food Safety by adhering to HACCP and CFIA hygiene rules / sanitary work practices
- Diploma or Post-Secondary courses in Business Administration or Marketing (Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related Customer Service role
- Experience in managing digital product inventory an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Shopify), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design) and Microsoft Office (Excel/ Powerpoint) and Email marketing software (MailChimp) would be an asset
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to lead to successful outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- Flexible benefits program including dental, vision, prescription drugs, disability, and extended health coverage
- Company matched retirement program
- In-house certification, training, and career advancement opportunities
- Special employee discounts on all meat and seafood products
- Employee appreciation events and social club activities all year round
- Positive employee culture and rewards for performance
At Intercity Packers Meat & Seafood, we believe in good food and good people. Over the past 5 decades, we have cultivated a rich history of bringing customers high quality, innovative and carefully sourced meat and seafood products along with the best customer service. Our unwavering mission to provide customers the best is reflected in our motto, “Yes, we do!” As part of GFS Canada group of companies, Intercity Packers offers an excellent remuneration package, which includes Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Attractive Retirement Plan and Great Career Opportunities throughout North America.
For more information, please visit our website intercitypackers.ca
To apply, please visit our career site https://careers-intercitypackers.icims.com/.
*This position has been posted internally and externally*
*Intercity Packers is an equal opportunity employer*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
About the Company
Company: Intercity Packers Ltd –
Company Location: Richmond, BC