Accounting Clerk Job in St. John’s, NL at Atlantic Cultivation –
ACCOUNTING CLERK– full time position
Atlantic Cultivation Limited is a young company in the cannabis industry with massive growth and career potential. We believe in offering and supplying high quality cannabis to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. We are currently operating from our state-of-the-art 110, 000 ft2 production facility and have started to grow high quality cannabis. We are vertically integrated with direct access to the consumers through our retail subsidiary operating in Newfoundland & Labrador under the Spiritleaf franchise. Our fifth store is scheduled to open in Galway in late July with two additional stores opening in Corner Brook and Downtown, St. John’s in the coming months.
We are guided by our three cores values: Obsessed with Quality, Community and Fun. We embrace a fast paced, startup feel at our office and hire smart, driven, adaptable people who have fun and love to work. Being flexible, personable, and accepting challenges are all important characteristics to us. We encourage and embrace a diverse workforce. We love to see candidates applying with varying gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, language, and abilities. We offer a competitive compensation structure, health and dental benefits and RRSP program.
- Assist with all accounts payable functions.
- Review vendor aging and prepare weekly accounts payable for EFT processing.
- Follow up directly with vendors and staff on discrepancies identified during the review of purchase orders/receiving/invoicing.
- Analyze vendor transactions and prepare monthly vendor statement reconciliations.
- Maintain accounts payable invoices and files.
- Assist in inventory control and purchase order preparation as required.
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
- Support the on-going Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation.
- Provide information and support staff, specifically the Staff Accountant and the CFO.
- Perform other duties of the finance and administration department as required.
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Diploma with a focus on accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in an accounts payable role, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong work ethic, and a relentless drive to fulfill commitments.
- Well organized and able to work in a fast pace, changing environment and possess a strong proficiency with computers and software tools. A working knowledge of accounting software would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants do not have to be a cannabis consumer to apply but if you have any experience with or even a passion for cannabis, please do let us know in your application.
Application deadline: 2021-08-13
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00-$46,000.00 per year
We are following all government recommended protocols and procedures.
- Payroll: 3 years (preferred)
- General Accounting: 3 years (required)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Atlantic Cultivation –
Company Location: St. John’s, NL